(March)ing On

March volunteer hours: 5.5
Total hours this semester: 36.25 

Wow! I can't believe it's already March. This program has gone by very quickly. Now that Medical Pharmacology and Principles of Pharmacology are over I have a lot more free time in my day. I've been filling that time by volunteering more at Broadmoor Food Pantry and by studying for the NBME. I have enjoyed getting to do more presentations this semester. I like doing all of the background research that is necessary for a thorough presentation. This month I have presented on black maternal mortality, autophagy in Parkinson's Disease, and concussions. I like presenting because it feels very natural and effortless to me. These presentations are easy considering that I had to "present" to groups of high school students every day for the past two years as a teacher.

Cell Control has been the most challenging course in the entire program for me. I think that is because the material is not as interesting as other courses and because the test questions have been rather unpredictable. In my preparations for the upcoming Cell Control exam I have been trying to memorize every small detail because I truly don't know what will pop up in the exam questions. For the last exam I focused on the major themes and it was not the best strategy. I am very stressed at the prospect that I may tarnish my 4.0 GPA.

Outside of class I have been keeping myself busy. I've been preparing to apply to medical school, socializing with my classmates, and going on various adventures with my cats. Pictures below!


Ashley Newsum and me after our Neuropharmacology presentation

Hanging out with classmate Mary Neil

Taking my cat Frederick Douglass to Bayou St John

Delivering boxes of food (>60 pounds!) to my neighbors


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing it on

Fighting hunger in NOLA

Life as a Tulane grad student