Life as a Tulane grad student

 After moving to New Orleans in July, I was unsure how I would be able to adjust to a new city and a new school in the middle of a pandemic. My mind was awash with worries. I worried about whether online classes would hinder my ability to form connections with my classmates and professors. Having spent two years as a teacher, I was nervous to be a student once again. I worried that the courses would be too difficult and that I would be met with more failures than successes.

Fortunately, none of my fears have been realized. I've loved being a student again and have enjoyed all of the lectures. It has been rewarding to have my hard work result in good exam scores. I have been studying very diligently and yet learning the pharmacology material somehow feels effortless. It is as if my mind is eagerly welcoming the material because I am so happy to be in courses that I find exciting. It's a refreshing change from teaching the same high school chemistry lesson four times in a row every day.

I am someone who gets bored easily if I'm not being challenged so I appreciate that our most recent module was more challenging than the prior modules. I am looking forward to being challenged by the rest of the material. I hope to spend the rest of the semester building relationships with the pharmacology department professors and finding volunteering opportunities in New Orleans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing it on

February reflections

Fighting hunger in NOLA